Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism may be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical training information. Each problem provides coverage that is up-to-date of developments that enhance our knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. average popular features of unique interest include initial reports of crucial improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and research that is metabolic individual views on endocrinologic topics, clinical trials, medical reviews, medical training recommendations, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and tips
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
The next types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, is supposed to be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies predicated on formerly data that are unpublished. There are not any top or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All figures and tables should be initial.
- Case Reports (not any longer available for distribution after September 1, 2019) are information of an incident providing you with insights in to a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or administration. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any significantly more than two figures, two tables, and ten recommendations. All figures and tables must certanly be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with topics worth focusing on to clinical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates concerning the molecular and basis that is biochemical normal physiology and infection states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic problems; as well as other subjects strongly related the training of medical endocrinology. An outline describing its contents, and the CVs of all authors involved unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, authors should include a prospectus with a brief narrative of the mini-review’s purpose and scope. These manuscripts can consist of 2,000 terms to no more than 5,000 terms. Writers will include a brief area describing the search methods utilized to have information for the mini-review. In the event that authors opt for formerly posted numbers or tables, they need to stick to the recommendations under the Publication Fees part.
- Meta-analyses should give attention to certain efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The manuscript that is submitted be based on an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by the exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions of the kind must add a plan and a narrative statement. There are not any limitations on term count, amount of numbers, or quantity of recommendations. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or an associate at work Editor and certainly will typically deal with a policy that is timely of high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and have now no more than eight sources.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief which will examine principles and findings recently introduced in to the record that is scientific have actually excellent interest. They truly are typically as much as 1,000 terms in total, needs to have a maximum of eight recommendations, and also no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite unpublished work or information.
- Views provide a new standpoint on policies and generally speaking accepted maxims and techniques in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment centered on extremely current newly posted information. They need to cite appropriate literature and are generally no more than 2,400 terms and have now a maximum of 25 sources. Views must not cite work that is unpublished information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, perhaps maybe not brand brand new information. Numbers needs to be initial. Views are submitted by invitation through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters to your Editor should talk about only articles posted in this log, and get submitted within 2 yrs associated with article’s final book. Letters must be no more than 500 terms in total, haven’t any more than eight recommendations, and should never cite unpublished work or information. Letters is supposed to be posted in the discernment associated with Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web page proofs before publication. Just changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name for the format should be followed by the letter of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name perhaps maybe not follow this format, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters to your Editor reactions answer to a Letter to Editor at no greater size as compared to letter that is original. Writers whose work is talked about in a page towards the Editor will typically be invited to offer an answer. If accepted, writers might find web page proofs before publication. Just changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are allowed. The name associated with the format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter to the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name maybe perhaps not follow this structure, it shall be standardised because of the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a directory of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They shall be subject to peer review and must certanly be modifiable as a result to criticisms. These are generally typically a maximum of 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
Endocrine Society Statements
- Clinical Practice recommendations are produced by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded medical training guidelines. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society to give statistical analyses to help its Clinical Practice instructions.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society for the Clinical Practice recommendations. These reviews address a precise question that is clinical gathering and summarizing empirical evidence that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives associated with the community’s Clinical Practice recommendations that health supplement or touch upon developments when you look at the condition area because the period of book of a Guideline.
- Policy Perspectives depend on founded community policy jobs and produced by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are manufactured by an specialist group that is writing input from Society committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed with a writing team beneath the way of a Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and distinguishing gaps within the clinical literary works. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Consensus Statements give an examination that is comprehensive a specialist panel of a clinical or medical issue that may consist of ungraded guidelines. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other expert culture work groups, task forces, essaywriters as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are susceptible to peer that is external as directed by the journal editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are reviewed because of the Endocrine Society and selected outside specialists, and (2) meeting abstracts, which, whenever posted as being a health health supplement to Journal regarding the Endocrine Society, have now been evaluated because of the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Costs and Start Access
To learn more about the advantages of account when you look at the Endocrine Society, please go to the Member pros page associated with the Endocrine Society’s web site.
Web Web Page Costs
- Endocrine Society people: $99 per PDF web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society people: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of creating their article start Access by having to pay one more $3,000 for Open Access book, which include A cc-by license, PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access regarding the journal web web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If you submit your manuscript to your Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer choice (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it is accepted for book, it is possible to claim a single-use code entitling one to a $250 discount on your own manuscript’s book charges, aside from the CC-BY Open Access choice, if it’s posted in 2019, or perhaps a 10% discount in your manuscript’s book costs, like the CC-BY Open Access choice, if it’s published in 2020. To claim a price reduction, write Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com.